Working with Ochre Cooma
At Ochre Health, we empower our GPs to improve local healthcare while enjoying a healthy work-life balance. And we support you by investing heavily in developing and supporting our Practice Managers and their teams, systems and technology.
No current vacancies.
I completed my GPT-1 and GPT-2 terms at Ochre Health Cooma in 2019. I found the practice to be very welcoming and well supported which was a great relief starting off in general practice. The supervision and teaching that I received was very structured and relevant and I had a high degree of confidence in the advice and recommendations of my supervisor. One of the things that drew me to Cooma was the opportunity to also work in the local hospital both in the emergency department and managing inpatients. I found that this kept my hospital skills current and provided a nice bit of diversity to general practice.
In terms of the town, Cooma is a great place to practice with a lovely and welcoming patient base. There is a lot to do in the region and if you are keen on snow sports you will love it! It is just over an hour to Canberra which is commutable however I would recommend living in the town if you have an option, it made my experience so much better.
It is a very busy practice, and a busy year, but I would have no hesitation in recommending this practice. It provided a great foundation to general practice and prepared me well for my AKT and KFP exams.
– Dr Elise Warren, GP Registrar
Registered Nurse - permanent part time
About the Opportunity
We are currently seeking an experienced Practice Nurse to join our fabulous team. This position would suit someone who has worked in the General Practice setting and who is familiar with childhood immunisation, chronic disease management including care plans and conducting health assessments.
- Must have current unconditional registration with AHPRA.
- Demonstrate outstanding work ethic, organisational and time management skills
- Experience in Practice nursing skills
- Experience in wound management, cold chain management, infection control and sterilisation
- Experience in Care planning, preventative health strategies, and Health Assessment
- Experience in treatment room management and procurement
- Experience in childhood immunisation and travel vaccination
- Experience in working in a rural practice is an advantage
- Able to commence ASAP
- State of the art facilities
- Highly professional setup
- On the job training
- A friendly and supportive team of colleagues
- Appropriate remuneration for the role
Note: Ochre Health does not sponsor any visa or working holiday visa