Boggabri – GP VMO
- $400K+ annual earnings
- Car, accommodation and relocation assistance provided
- MMM5, RA3, DPA classified location
We are looking for an experienced General Practitioner to provide services to the town of Boggabri and the surrounding area. The doctor will be on-call for after-hours hospital work and may also undertake public health related activities.
Ochre Boggabri Medical Centre is the only medical centre in town and is located in one wing of Boggabri Hospital. It has four consulting rooms and full-time nursing support. The Hospital facility also includes seven high care beds and nine low care beds in nursing home-type accommodation, as well as four acute care beds, one of which is in a palliative care room. Emergencies are either transported by road ambulance or air ambulance to Tamworth, a 90-minute drive, or John Hunter Hospital in Newcastle. On-site and visiting community health services include a dietitian, physiotherapy, psychology, podiatry, diabetes education, baby health, aged care assessment, and drug and alcohol services.
- $400K+ package
- Opportunity to participate in VMO on-call roster
- Car, accommodation, flights and relocation assistance
- RA3 location – moratorium reduction of 30%
- MMM5, DPA classified location
- Nursing & admin support with an experienced Practice Manager
Boggabri is a town on the Kamilaroi Highway in north-western New South Wales, Australia, around 5.5 hours from Sydney. It is situated between Gunnedah and Narrabri and, including the surrounding area, has a population of around 2,000. The Namoi River passes through the town, offering some excellent fishing and watersports.
With a rich agricultural history and several recently-opened mines, the town has been expanding in recent years. Boggabri has a golf course, tennis courts, a football club, a bowling club, an RSL Club and a range of restaurants including Chinese and fine dining at “The Vault”. It has two well-regraded primary schools, one public and one Catholic, and a high school nearby.
- Vocational or General Registration
- Up to date emergency department skills
- Current general practice experience preferred