Cohuna – GP Obstetrician VMO
- Mixed billings practice serving large catchment area (established patient base)
- Lucrative package – $20k sign-on bonus, retention bonus and relocation allowance
- We offer the largest resource network to drive enhanced patient-centred care
Are you an experienced General Practitioner Obstetrician looking to play a vital role in a country town community? Well, our Ochre Cohuna Medical Practice has a fantastic opportunity for you.
Having played an important role in the Cohuna community since 1940, we are looking for a VR GP/VMO Obstetrician, who is interested in delivering the best possible care and services.
Our Ochre Medical Centre in Cohuna is located in beautiful regional Victoria and is situated 3 hours north of Melbourne and just south of the Murray River. The town itself lies beside the picturesque Gunbower Creek and is also surrounded by diverse agricultural land. With this amazing scenery at our doorsteps, Ochre Health Cohuna has always been a desirable destination to practice medicine.
- Flexible working arrangements (no end date, flexible-open contract)
- Sole mixed billings practice serving large catchment area (take over established patient base)
- As the premiere provider of primary care, doctors at OH Cohuna practice provide on call services to Cohuna District Hospital
- Employee health and wellbeing initiatives – provided by hospital
- $20k sign on bonus and yearly $$$ retention bonus
- Competitive relocation Grants/Allowances available – including accommodation
- Staff Immunisation Program – provided by hospital
- Comprehensive on-site education and training – provided by hospital
- Cohuna is listed as a RA3/RRMA5 location (MM5 and DPA)
Cohuna is a town in northern Victoria, situated on the banks of Gunbower Creek in the Murray Valley. It is a popular spot for tourists, who come to enjoy activities such as camping, fishing, canoeing, birdwatching, and bushwalking, as well as sports such as golf, tennis, and water-skiing.
The town has a picturesque main street (with adjacent parks that are perfect for picnicking), and a vibrant commercial centre with a modern shopping centre consisting of a range of shops, restaurants, and cafes, as well as history and information centres, and a museum. Cohuna is an access point for the popular attraction of Gunbower Island, an island covered in stunning eucalyptus forest, which is home to a number of iconic Australian natives, such as the kangaroo and the emu. Surrounded by dairy farms, roaming cattle, wild flowers and tall Eucalyptus, and populated with friendly locals, Cohuna is an ideal location for anyone looking to step away from the busy city and enjoy a relaxed working lifestyle in a modern rural township.
About Ochre Medical Centre Cohuna
Ochre Health Medical Centre in Cohuna is the only medical centre in the area that not only services the 2,500 residents but also provides services to a larger catchment of 10,000 people. In this community we have also partnered with Cohuna District Hospital to help keep general and procedural medical services alive in regional Victoria.
At this practice you will be working alongside our highly talented Medical Coordinator/GP Obstetrician who last year was awarded by Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine ACRRM and Rural Doctors Association Australia (RDAA) for service excellence. In addition we have four other GPs, full time nursing staff and a practice management team to support the clinic.
About Cohuna District Hospital
Established in 1952 this hospital has been a long standing medical institution for the community. The hospital is fitted out with 16 beds providing acute medical, surgical and obstetrics services for Cohuna and surrounding catchment.
As a GP Obstetrician you will be working in a Maternity Ward that has 1 birth Suite, which will be fully renovated by early next year. The Maternity services at this hospital is a level 2 service, which sees over 40 to 50 births per year.
Being such a crucial role for the community we are working together with Cohuna District Hospital to ensure services like Obstetrics stay in the community. In working together we can provide the best possible care and services to the community and deliver the best possible outcomes for all our patients.
- AHPRA General Registration
- Previous general practice experience
- Advanced Diploma in Obstetrics
- Current Obstetrics and Emergency skills and experience