Scottsdale – GP VMO
- $300-350k a year
- DPA | RA3
- Eligible for RVTS
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Rural General Practitioner to join our expanding practice in Scottsdale. Our well-equipped, purpose-built facility boasts five consulting rooms, a three-bay treatment room, a procedure room and on-site pathology. Operating hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday, with a Saturday clinic from 9am-11am. The medical centre is an AGPAL accredited practice.
Ochre Health Medical Centre Scottsdale works cooperatively with our satellite medical centre in the nearby coastal town of Bridport which is open 3 days per fortnight. GPs at the practice also provide VMO support to the adjacent Scottsdale Hospital. The Scottsdale Hospital has 19 acute care beds, an Outpatient and Emergency Service, low-risk maternity, physiotherapy, radiology and visiting services. The hospital also includes the James Scott Wing Nursing Home with 30 residential aged care beds.
- Exceptional earning potential – $300 – 350k a year
- RA3 location -30% reduction in your moratorium, a reduction from 10 years to 7 years
- Eligible for RVTS
- Ochre sponsored ACRRM Independent Pathway
- Eligible for Procedural Grants
- Eligible for GRIP payments as MMM5 location, up to $23,000 in your 5th year
- Flexible work arrangements with optional remote telehealth component
- Comprehensive clinical protocols and internal supply network for all necessary PPE and other equipment
- Car, accommodation and relocation assistance provided
- Practice is supported by visiting Allied Health, and Registered Nurses to assist with CDM, immunisations and women’s health
- Boost your income by supporting the VMO roster 1:4
- $1,020 Daily VMO rate
- DPA eligible location
Just an hour’s drive from Launceston, Scottsdale is a picturesque town located amidst rolling green hills and rich pasture land. Close to local wineries, Scottsdale is the quintessential Tasmanian farming town, located in the island’s verdant North East. With fertile soil and a mild climate, the region’s main industries are pine plantation logging, dairy and potato farming. Scottsdale is home to 2,500 people and, as the main population centre in the region, it has a wide range of shops and services, as well as highly regarded schools.
Scottsdale and the surrounding area offer many world class attractions and a rich diversity of things to see and do. A short drive from Scottsdale is Blue Derby, Tasmania’s world-renowned mountain biking park located in temperate rainforest. The 100km network of Blue Derby Trails encompass some of the most stunning landscapes in the state.
The nearby coastal town of Bridport is home to Barnbougle Dunes and Lost Farm Golf Courses, both ranked in the world’s top 25 by Golf Digest magazine, with the Dunes course ahead of the iconic Pebble Beach course in California and Kingston Heath in Melbourne. Ruthless marram grass, wide open fairways and exquisite hole layouts in the dunes just behind the beach make for an unforgettable challenge. Bridport is also a great spot for river or sea fishing, and the Bridport Wildflower Reserve is worth a visit for a spectacular display of colour.
Just outside Scottsdale is also the world’s largest lavender farm, the Bridstowe Lavender Estate. At 260 acres, the sprawl of gently curving lavender rows transform the entire landscape into a stunningly photogenic vista, a popular destination for tourists and locals alike, with tours, boutique gifts, and a cafe offering seasonal meals and great coffee.
- General Registration or Vocational Registration with AHPRA
- Proficient with common general practice conditions
- Current emergency medicine certificate (APLS, ELS etc.)
- Recent experience in an unsupervised setting if assisting with the VMO roster
- Previous experience as a Rural General Practitioner is highly desirable