Do you ever find your skin red, raw, blistered or peeling after being out in the summer sun? Maybe after a day at the be...
Registering for MyMedicare as a patient
MyMedicare is a new program which started on 1 October 2023. It strengthens the relationship between you as a patient and your clinic, your doctor and your care team for better support, easier access to telehealth consultations and a range of other benefits. While enrolling or registering for the MyMedicare program is voluntary, we highly recommend it to everybody because MyMedicare patients will receive:
- Medicare funding for longer telephone calls
- More Medicare funding (so lower ‘out of pocket’ costs) for telehealth consultations for children under 16, pensioners, and concession card holders
- More support for regular health assessments, care plans and GP visits if you are in residential aged care
- Increased funding for your care if you have complex conditions or chronic disease/s and often need to go to hospital
- If you do need to go to hospital, better communication between the hospital and your doctor regarding your care, including admission information and your discharge summary
- Improved overall health services and continuity of care from your general practice to keep you as healthy as possible
You can register for MyMedicare online here or in-person at your Ochre medical centre as long as you have a Medicare or Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) card.
MyMedicare was announced in May by Minister for Health and Aged Care, The Hon Mark Butler, as part of ‘Budget 2023–24: Building a stronger Medicare’, a spending commitment totalling $5.7 billion. The MyMedicare program provides medical centres with more comprehensive information about their patients, while giving both patients and their care team access to additional funding packages, tailored to their health needs, with reduced administration requirements for practices. For more from the Department of Health, click here.